Our Warranty Policies
Unlike other local businesses, we have one of the most comprehensive warranties in the industry. Because when you get down to it, a warranty is nothing more than a promise to stand behind one’s work. Standing behind our work, and at the same time offering our customers peace of mind, is what we’re all about.
A few highlights: Some of our warranties extend to 3 years or 100,000 miles, and because we are a certified NAPA AutoCare Center, our warranty extends nationwide. Warranty periods can vary depending upon the type of service rendered. The following lists what our warranty periods are for each service.
- STANDARD WARRANTY POLICY
- NATIONWIDE WARRANTY
- BRAKE REPAIR WARRANTIES
- CATALYTIC CONVERTER WARRANTIES
- Our Catalytic Converter Warranty
- Our Aftermarket Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Catalytic Converter Warranties that Exist with Your Vehicle through the Dealer (EPA Guidelines and Federal Emission Warranties)
- CUSTOMER-SUPPLIED PARTS
- ENGINE OVERHAUL WARRANTIES
- EXTENDED WARRANTIES
(Customers Who Have Purchased Extended Warranties)
- FLEET / COMMERCIAL VEHICLE WARRANTIES
- TRANSMISSION OVERHAUL WARRANTIES
- — USED PARTS WARRANTY POLICY (Installing Used Parts)
Our standard warranty term for all work performed is 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first (unless otherwise stipulated on your receipt).
Because we have partnered with NAPA and are an official NAPA AutoCare Center, the majority of the work we perform is covered under the Peace of Mind Warranty honored at more than 13,000 locations nationwide. On the back of your receipt are the stipulations of this warranty, including a 1-800 phone number to direct you to the nearest participating location if there is ever an issue (a rare occurrence, but the peace of mind is nonetheless reassuring).
- NAPA AutoCare Peace of Mind Warranty
- Find a NAPA AutoCare Facility
- What One Customer Says About Our Peace of Mind Coverage Permission given to post May 4, 2009
Because we provide options to our customers in order to obtain the best possible price for brake work using the highest quality brake parts, warranty coverage for this work varies according to the quality of the part approved by you. We will always recommend the factory quality level or higher rated brake part replacement; however, the choice is ultimately made by you.
- Our advanced premium ceramic brake parts (Adaptive One) and the ultra premium brake parts are covered for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Our standard replacement semi-metallic brake parts series (Safety Stop) is covered for 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Our economic brake parts series (Tru-Stop) is covered for 3 months or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Our catalytic converter warranty is the same as our standard warranty: 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first (unless otherwise stipulated on your receipt). We also offer manufacturer warranties that extend to 50,000 miles (see Aftermarket Manufacturer’s Warranty below).
The catalytic converters we install have an additional extended warranty that we honor. If we install it, we will handle the warranty process for you. While our warranty provides coverage for parts and labor up to 12 months or 12,000 miles, the catalytic converter is covered under a parts warranty for an extended period. The interior components of the catalytic converter are covered under a manufacturer’s defect warranty for 25,000 miles from the time of installation. The outer “shell” components are covered for 50,000 or 5 years, whichever comes first from the time of installation. Please note that liability is also limited to the value of the merchandise sold.
Federal guidelines stipulate that your original equipment catalytic converter is covered under a mandated warranty period for the following vehicle years:
- Warranty for 1994 models and older is 5 years or 50,000 miles.
- Warranty for 1995 models and newer is 8 years or 80,000 miles.
The catalytic converter can only then be replaced by an aftermarket repair facility after these specified time and mileage periods. However, a catalytic converter can be replaced under these periods only for the following three reasons:
- The catalytic converter is missing from the vehicle.
- A state or local inspection program has determined that the existing converter has been lead poisoned, damaged or otherwise needs replacement.
- The 1994 year model vehicle is more than five years old or has more than 50,000 miles on it, and there is a legitimate need for the converter replacement that has been established and documented, or for 1995 model year vehicles that are 8 years old or have more than 80,000 miles on them.
While we try to help each and every one of our customers by acquiring the parts they need for repair, we will also install customer-supplied parts when requested. Please be advised, however, that there are no warranties expressed or implied on customer-supplied parts, or on the labor charged to install them or weld (if applicable) them into place.
Our engine replacement warranty is usually 3 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first (unless otherwise stipulated on your receipt). Our engine overhaul warranty can vary depending on the choice you’ve made; that is, we will usually provide options for engine replacement, such as installing a freshly rebuilt engine assembly, installing a low mileage salvage engine, or having your existing engine overhauled. Please note that if we install anything other than a Jasper rebuilt engine, it is only covered under a local warranty unless you choose to purchase an extended warranty at the point of sale. We offer a nationwide warranty option on all Jasper engines installed.
We honor all kinds of extended warranty contracts and fleet service plans. In fact we do all the legwork for you. Simply provide us with your contract information and we will establish contact and work with the contract company on your behalf with your permission. We strive to protect your financial interests in the process. Please be advised that even though extended warranty coverage may apply, you (or an authorized agent acting on your behalf) may be responsible for diagnostic charges, deductibles and service repairs or parts that are not covered by your extended warranty. We will make sure that we clearly communicate any charges and obtain your authorization before performing any work..
Fleet and commercial vehicle repairs are covered for 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever comes first (unless otherwise stipulated on your receipt). Warranty coverage applies locally unless you choose to purchase extended warranty coverage..
Our transmission overhaul warranty is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first (unless otherwise stipulated on your receipt). In order to keep the warranty in effect, a follow-up check is required and will be stated on your receipt. Warranty coverage applies locally unless you choose to purchase extended warranty coverage.
Yes, we will install used parts. In some cases we may recommend installing a used part to save you money on the repair costs depending on the situation; however, we will provide you with options for both a new part replacement and the salvage part replacement. We may recommend a used part when the part in question may no longer be available due to age of your vehicle. In some cases the high cost of a new replacement part may not be in your best interest due to the cost of the overall repair compared to the actual value or the anticipated life of your vehicle. Used parts and the labor to install them are covered under warranty for 90 days or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first.